Monday, April 6, 2009

Week 6 - Templates ...how to customize your blog!

Ok, so this week we had to look at templates, this was interesting as I have often wondered how the colours of websites can be changed, other than using preset ways (such as the customize> Layout> Fonts and Colours.

First off I looked at a few aspects and componants of the web page and some terms used in web based design.

CSS- is an acronym for Cascading Style Sheets - this is the computer language used to describe the presentation (is format, fonts, colours etc)of a document written in a markup language (A markup language is a set of annotations to text that describe how it is to be structured, laid out, or formatted. This is particularly handy for web design for pages written in HTML, XHTML formats.

The main idea behind CSS is that it allows you to alter the elements such as the colors, fonts, and layout of your webpage without affecting the document content. It is so that the accessibility, which is degree to which a product (e.g., device, service, environment) is accessible by as many people as possible. - Wikipedia Definition

***********************************************
So I have altered my blog to have a bit more of a personal touch, a bit more of me in the presentation. I did this using the preset way on blogger, as I do not feel at this stage that I am confident enough to write the CSS codes on my own... but I aim to be able to do this independantly soon!!

I have updated some pics on my FlickR Account ... check them out! I also updated a few of my favourite bookmarks on my Del.icio.us Account!

Until next week....
See ya!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Clare, love this blog, it gives me something to aspire to. I like the layout and the variety of links, also the explanation of what we have been learning about from week to week, such as CSS. You have a well designed site and you obviously know what you're talking about. I found your definition of CSS easy to understand and it helped me to figure out that elements such as colour, font etc can be altered without affecting the content. So well done, if you were seeking to help fellow students understand such concepts you have succeeded (even though i looked it up it makes more sense when a fellow student explains it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blogspot, love the photo in the heading. how fun was it trying to change the templates like we were, going through the html code, never again!

    ReplyDelete

Visitors